Wednesday 5 January 2022

January 2022



Hello? Anyone there?

So, you might have noticed if you were a regular follower of the spasmodic ramblings here on Jodhpurs on the School Run, that I haven’t written a post for a very long time. 

Firstly, there is a genuine reason for this. I haven’t been dedicating more time to supporting Sainsbury’s wine sales but have in fact been hammering out 200,000 words on my Asus tablet. The first 98,000 words have been edited to within an inch of their life and I have actually reached the dizzy heights of submitting them to a number of literary agents. I have to be completely honest here, I think my first novel is good, but then I would say that because I wrote the damn thing. The second novel that I am 100,000 words into, is going to need cut down so much, it’s going to feel as though it has lost several limbs.

If I eventually become the next Jilly Cooper, please be aware that any unsigned first editions of my early work will be worth a fortune, mainly due to the fact you will be unable to find an unsigned one.

Edit - you can order your very own copy of Silver Spurs and a Twelve Pound Heart here

However, novel writing aside, if you are in need of some cheer during a cold and wet January, you might want to check out my guest blogger, Katherine, who writes about her summer job as a professional grass cutter. Obviously this is a complete work of fiction and the characters featured in her blog, bear no resemblance to any person, either living or dead.

The Secret Diary of a Professional Grasscutter


www.helennewmanwood.com

FB - Helen Newman Wood

X - HelenNWood

Instagram - Helennewmanwood

TikTok - Helennewmanwood


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig